Arnold A. Criscitiello, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Criscitiello is a spine fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon with 14 years of experience in helping patients live lives with less back pain. He specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders at The Valley Hospital and has been involved in the development of new minimally invasive technologies. He is on the committee pioneering The Valley Hospital Spine Center.
Dr. Criscitiello has published many articles and chapters, and given numerous presentations at professional meetings. His articles have been published in 11 journals and medical publications including The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Orthopaedic Transactions, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Orthopaedics Journal, Lecture Series North American Spine Society and a chapter in Minimally Invasive Techniques in Spine Surgery.
Dr. Criscitiello has presented for a myriad of Industrial societies including: The Eastern Orthopaedic Association, New Jersey Orthopaedic Society, The Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, The Association of Children’s Prosthetic-Orthotic Clinics, The North American Spine Society, Spine Across the Sea, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Health Science Center, Orthopaedic Research Society, Scoliosis Research Society, European Orthopedic Society and The Orthopaedic Research Society.
Dr. Criscitiello lives in Bergen County and has 4 children. He enjoys water-skiing, boating, and fishing in his spare time.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Biology and Psychology, Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Graduate Degree: Master of Science in Physiology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Medical: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, General Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Orthopedic Oncology, New York, New York
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Chief Resident, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Spine Fellowship: State University of New York Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York
Licensure / Certification
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society