Ismar Dizdarevic, MD
Dr. Dizdarevic and his dedicated team focus on minimally invasive hip and knee replacement as well as revision hip and knee replacement. Less invasive surgery such as the anterior hip approach, partial knee replacement, and outpatient same day surgery coupled with innovative pain management allows patients to achieve earlier return to function. By preserving the structure and function of the muscles, ligaments, and tendons, patients experience a more natural feeling joint replacement and avoid restrictions following surgery.
Dr. Dizdarevic's orthopaedic training took place in NYC at Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital Center with subspecialty focus at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Columbia Presbyterian Department of Bioengineering, CV Starr Hand Institute, as well as the A.I. Dupont Institute for Children. During this time, he published numerous scientific articles focusing on the treatment of musculoskeletal health. He was also awarded the Gold Humanism and Excellence in Resident Teaching Award by the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and acted as Chief resident during his final year.
Dr. Dizdarevic chose to spend an extra year to complete fellowship training in hip and knee replacement at the prestigious Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois where he learned alongside the country's foremost authorities on revision hip and knee replacement and minimally invasive surgery.
On a personal note, Dr. Dizdarevic grew up in North Jersey and is extremely proud to bring his expertise back to the community which supported him during his training. He enjoys snowboarding, cycling, snorkeling, and spending time with his family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Medical: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York
- Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee Fellowship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
Licensure / Certification
- License to Practice Medicine in New York
- License to Practice Medicine in New Jersey
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons