Mark M. Pizzurro, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Mark Pizzurro is proud to join his father, Joseph Pizzurro, and his partners to carry on the long tradition of care at Ridgewood Orthopedic Group. Mark is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult reconstructive surgery. His specialized training took place at the Hospital for Special Surgery where he focused on primary hip and knee replacements as well as complex revisions. Our use of cutting-edge technology, such as Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS), Hip Resurfacing, Partial Knee Replacement, Computer-Assisted Surgery, and Tritanium Advanced Fixation Technology has helped Ridgewood Orthopedic Group and Dr. Mark PIzzurro to become leaders in joint care here in northern New Jersey. He is Board-Certified for the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
While Dr. Pizzurro's training took place at what US News and World Report ranks as the top rated Orthopedic Department in the United States, he is focused on personalized care. Dr. Pizzurro is extremely thorough in his examinations making sure that each patient understands every option available. In a world rushing to get to appointments, he takes the time to get to know his patients and their specific needs.
Dr. Pizzurro's earlier training involved earning his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York. From there he went to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center for his orthopedic residency training. He remains associated with St. Joseph’s through a teaching affiliation as an Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopedics. He enjoys teaching and working with these young surgeons in training.
Dr. Pizzurro is married and is a proud father. In his free time he enjoys hiking and professional sports. He is also a wine enthusiast. He is especially excited to establish his practice in Bergen County where he was raised and his family still lives. He enjoys using his skills in the community such as his relationship with Bergen Catholic High School where he is an orthopedic consultant.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Medical: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York
- Internship: Seton Hall University, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency:
- Alfred I. Dupont Institute: Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Rotation, Wilmington, Delaware
- Seton Hall University, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- Seton Hall University, St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey
- Hip and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York