Ismar Dizdarevic, MDBoard Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Ismar Dizdarevic, MD
Dr. Dizdarevic specializes in less invasive surgical procedures including:
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement (MIRA)
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Partial Knee and Hip Replacements
- Revision Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- Fracture and Trauma Care
- Knee Arthroscopy
About Ismar Dizdarevic, MD
Dr. Dizdarevic and his dedicated team focus on minimally invasive hip and knee replacement as well as revision hip and knee replacement. Less invasive surgery such as the MIRA Knee Replacement (TM), direct anterior hip approach, partial knee replacement, and outpatient same day surgery coupled with innovative pain management allows patients to achieve earlier return to function. The surgeries are done through less than 4 inch incisions. By preserving the structure and function of the muscles, ligaments, and tendons, patients experience a more natural feeling joint replacement and avoid traditional restrictions following surgery.
Dr. Dizdarevic completed his orthopaedic training in NYC at Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital Center with subspecialty focus at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Columbia Presbyterian Department of Bioengineering, CV Starr Hand Institute, and the A.I. Dupont Institute for Children. During this time, he published numerous scientific articles focusing on the treatment of musculoskeletal health. He was also awarded the Gold Humanism and Excellence in Resident Teaching Award by the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and acted as Chief Resident during his final year.
Dr. Dizdarevic chose to spend an extra year to complete fellowship training in hip and knee replacement at the prestigious Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL, where he learned alongside the country's foremost authorities on revision hip and knee replacement and minimally invasive surgery.
On a personal note, Dr. Dizdarevic grew up in North Jersey and is extremely proud to bring his expertise back to the community which supported him during his training. In his spare time, he enjoys snowboarding, cycling, snorkeling, and spending time with his family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Medical: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York
- Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee Fellowship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Licenses And Certifications
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey and New York
In The News
- Patient Story: Joint replacement Times Two. An article from the Valley Hospital.