Lauren Terranova, D.O.Board Certified Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Lauren Terranova, D.O.
Dr. Terranova specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation and sports medicine, including the following treatments and procedures:
- Physiatry/Rehabilitation (conservative treatment of spine and other musculoskeletal injuries)
- Sports Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Pain Management
- Ultrasound-Guided Injections (joint/ligament/bursa injections)
- Trigger Point Injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)
- Electrodiagnostic Testing (EMG/NCS)
- Interventional Spine Procedures
- Epidural Injections
- Facet Joint/Medial Branch Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
About Lauren Terranova, D.O.
Dr. Lauren Terranova is a specialist with dual board certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine. She is fellowship trained in diagnostic and therapeutic musculoskeletal ultrasound. During her fellowship, she was trained in interventional fluoroscopic (X-ray) guided spinal procedures, electrodiagnostic studies (EMG), and cutting-edge treatments such as platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) injections. Dr. Terranova is dedicated to the conservative treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. She believes in a holistic approach and uses conservative measures to restore function, relieve pain, and maximize the quality of life of her patients.
Dr. Terranova earned a bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University (NU) in Illinois. While at NU, she was a Division I nationally-ranked sabre fencer and team captain. She is the current NU record holder for most career wins. After graduating college, she attended the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where she received a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences and her Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Terranova then attended Mount Sinai in New York City for her residency program and served as Chief Resident. Given her experience as a fencer, she decided to complete additional training at an accredited fellowship in Sports Medicine and Interventional Spine Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Dr. Terranova has given many presentations at professional meetings and has contributed to multiple publications, including: Atlas of Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections (co-authored Trigger Point chapter), Musculoskeletal Pain Conditions: A Comprehensive Guide (author of Medial Epicondylitis Chapter), and co-authored an article published in the Journal of School Health entitled, Response of School Districts to the New York State Concussion Awareness and Management Act: Review of Policies and Procedures.
Dr. Terranova is a native of Wayne, New Jersey. Outside of work, she enjoys fencing, running, playing tennis, singing, cooking, and spending time with her loving family.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Graduate Degree: Master of Biomedical Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) – Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Stratford, New Jersey
- Medical: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey
- Internship: UMDNJ School of Osteopathic Medicine, Traditional Rotating Intern, Christ Hospital, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York (Chief Resident)
- Sports Medicine & Interventional Spine Fellowship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, New Jersey
Licenses And Certifications
- Board-Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board-Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Subspecialty of Sports Medicine
- Ultrasound Accredited by American Institute of Ultrasound (AIUM)